The main goal of the Foundation for Catholic Education:
To have the interest of education and upbringing at heart in accordance with the Roman Catholic Faith.
Catholic Education was established in St. Maarten since 1890. The Foundation Catholic Education was established since 1970.
To this date, (school year 2012/2013) the Foundation for Catholic Education has 6 Primary schools and one High school with a total of 1700 students under its care.
Being proud of quality education for 120 years, the board will continue to educate the total individual intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and physically.
By the grace of God and His blessings we will always strive to nurture and preserve quality education and share this with multiple individuals (students) from all walks of life.
Staff members of the Foundation Catholic Education are dedicated to the development of each individual student’s potential.
- The student will be taught both the cognitive and the effective skills needed to become effective world citizens.
- The school assumes this responsibility in cooperation with the child’s primary educators, the parents.
- Our schools aim to educate intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and physically.
- The child will learn to discover knowledge for him/herself, to solve problems, to be a critical reader, to develop a healthy curiosity and to be open minded.
- The child will be encouraged to give witness to his/her faith by his/her own way of life.
- Our aim is to form pupils with a social conscience, a desire for racial justice, compassion for those who suffer, and zeal for common goal.
- Our Roman Catholic schools are committed to quality education to meet the needs of the modern child.
Mission Statement Catholic Schools
Commitment to strive and motivate each child to achieve according to his/her ability, by creating a loving and privileged environment, where learning can be enjoyable, meaningful and a challenging experience.
The Catholic formation of young people in their spiritual, intellectual, physical and social lives in partnership with home parish and community.