Our history is still tomorrow's future
The Sr. Marie Laurence School was established in August 1988. The school started out in the building where presently the Tommy Hilfiger store is located in Philipsburg. In 1993 the school moved to its present location in Middle Region.
The school is named after Rev. Sister Marie Laurence Teeuwen. She was born in Tegelen, Holland on the 6th of October 1929. After working in Holland as a teacher for 16 years, she moved to St.Maarten in 1968 where she was one of the pioneers who started the Home Economic School, which is presently known as the Sundial School.
She taught at this school for several years until joining the Catholic School Board, where she was the president for 13 years. Before her departure to Holland in 1990, she was decorated with a gold medal from the House of Orange.